• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

article on wide singles(tires)

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
don't know how to post a link

You just copy the address from the page the story is actually on, and post it the same way you did with the link to the site.

It's no longer on the main page there. It can be seen here:

Wide tires story

Interesting story. Particularly the part that says, "The tires have downsides. For instance, a flat puts the truck on the side of the road, while trucks with dual wheels blow by on the Interstate." What did I say?

(Ouch! I think I just hurt my shoulder patting myself on the back!) :)

xkvator

i wouldn't say that if you have a flat on duals, you'll be "blowing by". you'll ruin the tire and possibly shread it to the point of having the steel belts all wrapped around the wheel/drum/axle.
a more correct statement would be something like "slowly limp to a truck stop."
"blowing by" with a flat and 50k+ lbs. of load would be quite unsafe, especially if you lost another on the same side.

thanks digger, i'll try to link something :drinkup

Last edited: