• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any Opinions on Komatsu CK30-1?

Ron Burgundy

Banned
I'm looking for a used CTL/tracked skid steer/whateveryouwanttocallit (LOL). I've found a 2007 Komatsu locally and the price is right ($20,000). It seems to be in good shape.
I guess I should worry about who's going to service it if there are any problems.
My main concern with any tracked machine is the reliability of the track system.
Any opinions?

Ron Burgundy

Banned
I'm wondering too about the attachment system. Is it the same as Bobcat, etc? Do all tracked skids use the same mounting plate design? It seems like I've heard they are not all the same.

Looks like the nearest dealer is about 1 1/2 hours away. Not great but acceptable.

Ron Burgundy

Banned
So, no opinions. That doesn't surprise me since this is somewhat a rare bird.

Another, more general question:
The CK30-1 was discontinued in 2010. Does anyone know about parts availability for discontinued Komatsus? I'm gonna call the dealer and ask them but you never know about dealers and BS so I'd like to ask you guys. Am I asking for trouble down the road? This machine has everything I need at the price I want and it's in my state. The big sticking point for finding my machine has been the controls. I want joysticks with track control on the left and boom/bucket on the right. I could get a ubiquitous Bobcat or Tak but the affordable ones seem to always have the lever controls.
As far as I know Komatsu is a good company too. I'm close to going to look at this machine but I'll probably pass if parts will be an issue.
Thanks.

Here she is:
http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=8474369&dlr=1&pcid=3193595

The price is low relative to others I've seen so I'm going to have to look it over real good. Something tells me there is an issue I'm not privy to. Gonna call them next week before maybe driving the 700 miles. I have a friend to visit so it's not the only reason for the drive.

Last edited:

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The Komatsu machines never really caught on, while certainly not ground breaking machines, I don't think they were over problematic. The reason for the low price is more likely the fact that they are out of production. This maybe a bigger issue with the Komatsu than others. When I was at Conexpo when these were released, the Komatsu guys were very proud that their machine was all Komatsu with very few off the shelf components. They built most everything for the machine themselves or so they said. Downside to that now is if Komatsu stops selling components to these machines. One thing you can be assured of is that at sometime they will. No one wants to be looking for a Komatsu seat when the music stops. You could call and speak to a Komatsu rep or your dealer and ask what the parts availability will be. I would make numerous calls some to your dealer others to corporate and make sure the story is the same. 20K is a big investment in a piece of yard art if you cant keep the machine working.

cartzblown94z

I'm all about trying diff things but I think you might be better off getting a tak in the long run, or gehl, , mustang Just keep looking there are good deals out there. I got mine for 11500 Heat,cab, a/c