• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

953B interchangeable parts?

coondog13

i purchased my first piece of equipment other than tractors. 953b 5mk don't remember the rest and it's not at my house. It'll be for farm use not a company. It was traded in by company that bought it new from cat here so stayed here local. They didn't think it'd been worked extremely hard. I think it was maintained pretty good and it's got cat filters on it I noticed. I had a friend that use to own a 53 and still owns new dozers go run it in their back dirt lot and it thought it seemed strong and fast. Anyways to my question I will need some track pads soon and was wondering if 953's fit it or even 943's. Mine are 20". I have a friend with a old 943 been sitting and the pads aren't horrible on it and hey looked the same but I didn't have a tape to get dimensions but thought it also might have less pads than my 53 I forgot to count them. But if 953 fits the 53b I can atleast look for dismantles for when I need them since there was a lot more of them. I also need teeth and shanks and that 943 has them surely they aren't different are they? I know it's got 8 and that's what I need. Thanks