• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

8-week training

T#5

Occupation
cermic tile setter
Hey everyone! my name is Tom and i'm glad to be here. this has become the 1st place i visit when i get online.e-mail is next. although i'm not in the trade (yet),i plan to be.:D i searched out this forum to gain some insight about training. i plan to attend one of the 8 week programs that are available here coast to coast. one in FL that was 50% home study caught my eye at first, but i have since received info from a number of schools. haven't contacted any though, i want to avoid the anticipated salesman approach. i want the real world version of "where this course will take me". my goal is to operate a track hoe. i have very little time on a few small items (jd skid-steer,455 and jd 450b) and i comprehend quickly.if you guys could offer any pros &cons, programs to go to or stay away from, i would sure appreciate it. i value your opinions and look foward to joining the trade.:drinkup. hey thanks steve for the "welcome aboard". talk to u guys later, Tom 5