• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

307 price check..

icex

Hi all,

Local dealer has a 307 for sale for $37k. Has 2460 hours on it. Is this alot of hours for this machine? Everything is good on the machine except the front bucket bushing is worn according to the inspection report. I'm offering $34000for it. Was wondering what everyone thought about the price of a machine with 2460 hours on it though.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
As I recall a 307 was a gray market machine a few years ago. You might check to see if that is what this one is also. You can knock of some cash to someone selling gray.

Machinery Trader has two sides. If your machine is a 2007 and being sold by a Cat dealer you need to check both retail asking and auction. The Cat dealer will usually get about twenty percent more than what the auctions bring on machines in comparable condition. Sometimes they well sell a machine five years or more older for an auction price. Anything less than 5 years and they will generally hold it for better money.

Good Luck!

icex

So is it a pretty good deal for this machine? Thank they might take a offer of $34000-35000?

KTBAUGH

Site Sponsor
it sounds like a fair price. all you can do is make the offer. the worst they can do is say no. if they dont take the offer i would tell them to give you a call if they decide to take it. i bet they will call you back on it. if they dont, its not the end of the world. there's always something else out there. just my2 cents worth.

kent baugh
www.ktbaugh.com