• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1993 john deere 310d brakes sticking

Richie0

Hello, I somewhat recently purchased a 93 JD 310D turbo 4x4. While driving it home it took some time before I noticed the brakes had been sticking.. by the time i got it home I believe I burned out the forward clutch within the reverser. Now the machine goes forward but won't push very hard and gets weaker on a cooler vs hotter machine.. I have to get a run at the dirt pile to load but it reverses fine. The machine sat over winter and I would start it on the warmer days and move all the bits a bit, let it come up to them etc. I worked the machine for a few hours thinking the brakes would loosen up the past couple days, worked the wheels back and fourth while the machine was propped up and the wheels are still sticking I also cycled the electric brake a couple of times/every time you turn the machine on you have to take it off.. The "passenger" side of the machine I can barely rotate the wheel while hanging from a tread and the "driver I can only move the wheel using the slop in the axle to slam it past whatever is holding it and I can't keep it moving it will only move about 1-3 deg.. I intend on finishing my little backyard project which is mostly done until I tear into the reverser this winter.. Can any one point me in a direction to get the brakes unstuck? It sure would be nicer.. The fronts roll freely by hand.