• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Organization "Farm Rescue "

fixou812

Occupation
Millwright Equipment Mechanic Welder
Maybe some of our members are familiar with it.
Mostly MidWest USA from Texas to North Dakota
They assit sick and injured farmers put in and harvest crops.
To learn more about the organization see YouTube Farm Rescue.
Some of the injuries related there are a very good reminder to be careful.
One I just watched the farmer was putting air in a tire 65 psi
It did a Real number on his hand ! And left a doughnut impression in the pole barn.

oldtanker

Occupation
Ret
Maybe some of our members are familiar with it.
Mostly MidWest USA from Texas to North Dakota
They assit sick and injured farmers put in and harvest crops.
To learn more about the organization see YouTube Farm Rescue.
Some of the injuries related there are a very good reminder to be careful.
One I just watched the farmer was putting air in a tire 65 psi
It did a Real number on his hand ! And left a doughnut impression in the pole barn.

Farm rescue has done some wonderful work helping many family farms out through the years when they have had serious injuries or illnesses. But farmers as a group have a terrible accident rate with many unnecessary injuries through sheer stupidity. My sister and her husband own a farm not far from me. They have had 3 tractor roll overs on the road. All 3 with kids moving tractors from one field to another. 2 of the 3 were turning while going too fast. My BIL has had several PTO shaft related minor injuries and one that hospitalized him with a bad concussion. All while getting to close to a running PTO while wearing baggy clothing. My son in law's younger brother is missing several fingers from sticking his hand into a running piece of machinery like he had been taught by their step dad. He was 18 when that happened and knew better. And the list goes on. If family farms fell under OSHA rules farming would be much safer.

On the illness side the number of farmers suffering from cancer is amazing. Much of it linked to the massive use of chemicals. One family here has had 3 generations fighting cancer with the youngest victim diagnosed at 16. Some of this is due to the claims as to just how safe these chemicals are and part to end user. Few farmers wear protective gear (respirator or rubber gloves ECT) while handling or applying these chemicals. Then farm kids play on equipment or ride with a parent when stuff like spraying is going on. Another family here, all related but separate farms have one older couple, early 60's both with cancer who buried another family member, different farm, who died from cancer last summer, age 55. And his widow now has cancer. Again, OSHA would be a big help here.

Rick

mikebramel

On the illness side the number of farmers suffering from cancer is amazing. Much of it linked to the massive use of chemicals. One family here has had 3 generations fighting cancer with the youngest victim diagnosed at 16. Some of this is due to the claims as to just how safe these chemicals are and part to end user. Few farmers wear protective gear (respirator or rubber gloves ECT) while handling or applying these chemicals. Then farm kids play on equipment or ride with a parent when stuff like spraying is going on. Another family here, all related but separate farms have one older couple, early 60's both with cancer who buried another family member, different farm, who died from cancer last summer, age 55. And his widow now has cancer. Again, OSHA would be a big help here.

Rick

OSHA would be a help with outlawing the chemicals the FDA and EPA and XYZcriminals have approved?? They're just getting stronger loads than the people consuming it. Why do you think cancer is high for everyone? And with the "best" chemo/radiology death sentence profit system in the world things are only getting worse?

fixou812

Occupation
Millwright Equipment Mechanic Welder
Seems like there's a stupid tractor fatality here every year.
Last year it was a Grandfather with a grandson on the tractor "Pulling a Stump"
Rolled it killing the grandson.