• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Goodbye SSL & Excavator, Hello Mecalac

materthegreater

I did a culvert replacement with mine yesterday. Did all the work from one lane of the road. I was pleased with how much better it worked out than using my Bobcat would have been. It is very convenient to be able to pull the boom back in tight for swinging in close quarters. Travel speed is also awesome. It also has some other nice features that my 15 year old Bobcat doesn't have (but other newer machines probably do): auto idle down when you lift the safety lever, idle down/up button on left joystick. Rubber tracks are nice for street work, we'll see how I like them for other things. I really need to get a tilting ditching bucket for it.

Welder Dave

If you could drill a couple holes in the ripper shank you could make a bolt on serrated edge for roots. Welding could work too but might be in the way for other ripping jobs.