• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Champion 730A VHP Series V literature

cric8192

Does anyone know where I can get a parts or service book for this unit? I found some old series 3 books but believe there are some significant differences.

Thanks

Welder Dave

Try Jade Equipment. They are in Edmonton and also have a location in Ontario. There is basic literature on the internet.

cric8192

Thanks I reached out to them. I can’t find anything other than a sales brochure for this specific unit online. I’m willing to pay but can’t swing a 500$+ hard copy off eBay.

cric8192

All hydraulics suddenly got really weak is the pressing issue. Was hoping for some pressure specs and to read up on the hydraulic system.

cric8192

I’ve got 250psi on the working line going to valve bank when a function is activated.

0psi on the load sense line

Welder Dave

I think those machines are closed center and have low pilot pressure when nothing is activated. Something is causing yours to not to go higher than standby pilot pressure. I don't know if it's electrical or hyd. that activates the load sense line. I'm sure Jade would have some ideas to troubleshoot your problem.

cric8192

Load sense line is hydraulic controlled I removed the load sense valve block- all the shuttle valves and seats are OK I blew air through the feedback line to the pump didn’t seem to be any issues with the load sense.

I wonder if the pump has failed, the shaft seal looks to have recently blown out maybe due to increased case pressure?

Will definitely give Jade company a call this week. I did message them about manuals

cric8192

Cric8192. There is a guy selling some service manuals on Kajiji.

His name is Greg Kostiniuk ( Phone 780-826-1485 )

The add title is Champion Grader Snow Wing
Thanks it’s for a series 3 though different hydraulic setup.

I put a pump on it hydraulics are now strong pressures within spec.

Brake failure light is on and brakes are spongey. Jade doesn’t have books to give/sell you but are very helpful with bits of info.

Might have to buy a book off eBay $$$

Welder Dave

For series 3 graders there are manuals on the Sierra Park 730A website. Owners, parts and service. I've got lots of info from there.

Fatgraderman

Occupation
Crash test dummy
Series 3 used open center hydraulics. They went to load sensing with series 4. Not a ton of change between series 3 & 4. I wonder if putting a bit of oil pressure on the load sensing line would troubleshoot if it’s the pump?