• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 424D hydraulic issues

mrminds

hie all
i have a 2 cat 424d 4x2 backhoes

1 has hydraulic issues
serial number : RXA01112

issue number 1

the loader does not lift unless another function is activated.
the tilt works but sluggish.
im able to lift the loader bucket full with gravel only if another function activated

issue number 2

backhoe bucket is fast when opening but halfway it gets sluggish.
all the other backhoe functions work fine.

issue number 3

the left stabilizer is slow and does not fully go up if both levers are used at the same time.

and also, while any of hydraulic functions operated if i give the machine some gas with the accelerator there is no increase in the hydraulic flow/power.

Troubleshooting
so far i have
-drained the hydraulic oil out from tank, (looked very black)
-put new hydraulic 68 oil
-replaced suction hose
-replaced hydraulic filter (small traces of brass, o ring shaving and what looks like sludge in old filter
-checked the primary & secondary resolvers on both valve banks all seems good (only 1 white o ring was replaced)
-swopped around the lift spool from a valve bank i had laying around , still no joy

from the machines history previous owner went through multiple hydraulic pump repairs.
and they were apparently using engine oil to top up the hydraulic system if they ran short of hydraulic oil.