• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case superM series 2 rear brake line part

camelot

Hello all. I broke the flexible brake line that goes into the rear axle at the fitting. I can't find a part number for the fitting that screws into the rear axle. Or would anyone have a decent diagram of this particular part?
Final question, do you need to bleed the brake lines after or will they expel air as they are pumped?
Thanks

Russell

camelot

I did get one and I am struggling to find the parts diagram for this as I'm not sure if its under hydraulics or brakes. I ordered part 218-5103 but it came in as a 90 degree part and the one I broke was straight. I may try the 90 degree one and see if all works.
Do I need to bleed the air out after? I've never worked on a brake system that use the hyd/trans oil before

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
The parts book shows a 90 degree fitting for the axle. You can take the fitting you have and see if your Case dealer can match it up.

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Yes it will need to be bled, there is a bled screw on tome of brake housing. Sometimes you can just open it and it will gravity bleed.

camelot

I have been looking through both service manual and parts book but I can't locate the bleed screws. Are they located on the top of the rear axle? Likely a 7/16 or 1/2" probably?
Thanks in advance.

camelot

Coy do you mean it is located in the cab beside the parking lever or underneath beside the parking brake mechanism?
I was able to get the part from our local New Holland/Case dealer.
Thanks

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
The bleeder is on the axle beside the lever where the park brake cable connects to the lever. There may be a rubber/plastic cover on the bleeder.