• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 207d valve seal options

jeramey

I have a case 580c with the 207d engine and I think the valve seals are leaking but have to do more investigating . I was going to order seals and gaskets but I'm a bit confused . Looks like the 207 doesn't use modern valve seals, but square o rings and relies on the valve guide fit to stop oil from getting by ?
There is the teflon seal option but that requires pulling the head I was hoping to do an over the fender repair.
I'm afraid if I do the just the original style seals they wont do anything , and pulling the head and doing valve guide is only option ?

jeramey

If the valve guides and valve stems are badly worn you only have one option to fix the oil consumption that is caused by them.
Yes , after some more digging it looks like they rely on some oil getting by to prevent valve sticking .